Professor P Gabriel Steg
Disclosure detailsResearch grants: Amarin, Bayer, Sanofi, and Servier. Clinical Trials (Steering Committee, CEC, DSMB): Amarin, AstraZeneca, Bayer, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Idorsia, Novartis, PhaseBio, Pfizer, Sanofi, Servier. Consulting or speaking: Amarin, Amgen, BMS/Myokardia, Merck, Novo-Nordisk, Regeneron. Senior Associate Editor at Circulation.
Professor, Université Paris-Cité, INSERM U-1148,
Chair Cardiology Department, Hôpital Bichat
Assistance Publique – Hôpitaux de Paris, France
- Chief, Department of Cardiology, Hôpital Bichat, Assistance Publique-Hôpitaux de Paris, Paris, France.
- Vice President (in charge of research) of the board of the Assistance Publique-Hôpitaux de Paris network since 2018.
- Professor of Cardiology at Université Paris – Diderot (now Université Paris-Cité), since 1994.
- Visiting Professor of Cardiology, at the National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College, London, UK, 2013-2018.
- Innovation Chair, Institut Universitaire de France, since 2022.
- Director of the “Clinical Research in Atherothrombosis” Research Team 5, INSERM/Université Paris Cité UMR 1148/LVTS, Paris
- Coordinator of the iVASC (InnoVations in Atherothrombosis SCience) RHU research consortium 2017-2023.
- Chairman of the French National University Council (Conseil National des Universités) for Cardiology since 2016.
Dr Steg received the silver medal of the European Society of Cardiology in 2011, the Joseph A Vita Award from the American Heart Association in 2019, the Grand Prix Claude Bernard de la Ville de Paris in 2019 and the Prix Suzanne Clément of the Foundation Del Duca in 2022.
Dr Steg has accumulated experience as a clinical trialist in the field of coronary artery disease, diabetes and antithrombotics, including GRACE, REACH, CLARIFY, ODYSSEY OUTCOMES, THEMIS, REDUCE-IT, REALITY and many other trials. He is currently leading several international clinical trials, including VICTORION 2P, MILVEXIAN-ACS, and RITA-2-MI. He chairs the FACT (French Alliance for Cardiovascular clinical Trials) academic research network since 2013, and member of the ATLAS Group (Antithrombotic Trials Leadership and Steering Group) academic leaders, affiliated with University of Colorado (CO, USA).
Dr Steg has authored > 1200 articles in peer-reviewed international journals. His H-Index is 149 (Web of Science) and he has > 130 000 citations. He has been a Thomson Reuters/Clarivate Analytics ”highly cited researcher” in Clinical Medicine every year since 2014. He is Senior Associate Editor for Circulation.